For this discussion, take a look at the following reading:
By Wednesday, respond to each of the following questions (at least 25 words each). By Sunday, offer response posts to at least two classmates' posts (at least 50 words each).
1. What is the main purpose of writing this article? What is the historical impetus? What according to Orwell does "bad usage" lead to?
2. According to Orwell, how are images used in writing? (Also notice how does Orwell uses images in this article.)
3. Orwell offers a "modern translation" of Ecclesiastes in this article. What is wrong with the modern translation? Provide ample examples.
4. Why is Orwell particularly interested in prose style? What might it mean to him?
5. What are the four main criticisms Orwell develops against modern writing? Provide an explanation and discuss the importance of each. How is each related to his professed aim in this article?
6. At the end of the day, what seems to be the most important thing to Orwell? How do you know? (Provide ample textual evidence.)
7. What is problematic about the use of the word 'democracy' during Orwell's time? Elucidate. Is it still a problem?
8. Do some of the points and criticism made by Orwell overlap with what we have gone over in class? Explain.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25